Accounts Receivable Administrator
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT's and, importantly we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our accounting team as an Accounts Receivable Administrator. Based out of New Glasgow this role is responsible for effectively and accurately managing billings and collections for a portfolio of properties. The successful candidate will represent Crombie REIT and its team by projecting a positive and professional image at all times and ensuring our clients receive the highest level of customer service.
• Process documents and generate monthly rent billings, property tax billings and misc billings;
• Prepare, calculate and process through Yardi annual year-end billings and budget increases;
• Process daily deposits and apply payments to tenant accounts;
• Communicate effectively and courteously with tenants on billings and collection matters. Communicate with team leads on billing and collection matters;
• Produce quality work with minimal verification or revision required;
• Oversee a portfolio of properties within a region. Develop superior knowledge of the properties and tenancies, making recommendations to Property Managers and Accountants as required;
• Demonstrate awareness of corporate strategy and team’s goals and strive to achieve them;
• Active, prepared member of the property management meetings;
• Demonstrate ability and drive to effectively interact with cross functional teams;
• Complete monthly AR Reports in accordance with project requirements and deadlines;
• Take sensible risks in support of the business strategy;
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years AR experience in addition to the completion of Secondary Schooling. A University Degree/ College Diploma in Accounting is considered an asset. The selected candidate must demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately. Previous people leadership experience is considered an asset. Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, and is able to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Accounts Receivable Administrator