Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting into the Director, Development – West, and supporting the entire national development team, this role has key exposure across all lines of our business and is responsible for providing analytic support to enable various Crombie transactions and projects. Additional duties of the Analyst, Development will include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with all key internal and external stakeholder groups, including management, to understand business objectives, and align with the national development strategy.
- Building proformas, reports, and models to support the decision making on current and future development projects, and the national development strategy.
- Supporting the annual budgeting process and maintenance of project cash flow projections and other departmental reports as required.
- Supporting and assisting on due diligence activities for potential development projects, including the research and analysis of a variety of market factors that may influence the viability of a potential development project.
- Assisting in the strategic positioning of assets with a focus on revenue growth through collaboration on the planning and coordination of LUI opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining an informational database on a variety of development inputs (rents, sales pricing, construction costs, etc.) in major markets across Canada for use in the analytical process.
- Arranging a variety of third party reports such as market studies, property tax analysis, etc.
- Analyzing potential development investment options and supports due diligence efforts by reviewing documentation for base information and flow of financials, ensuring the information is organized and accessible.
- Analyzing the revenues, costs, operating requirements, financial returns, and other key development inputs for development projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of five years working for a major development company or financial institution, with exposure to discounted cash flow analysis and complex financial modeling in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance; including experience or a strong demonstrated interest in real estate, capital markets, market drivers, economic trends. Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize appropriately with experience in working Power Point, Word, online and research tools are a must. Exceptional skills modelling in Excel are required. Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager, specifically forecasting, is considered a benefit.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally, as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2018. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Analyst, Development
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.