Lease Documentation Specialist
Who we are
We are one of Canada's leading REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to the National Director of Legal & Lease Administration, the Lease Documentation Specialist is responsible for the preparation, administration and negotiation of lease documentation for Crombie REIT. Additional duties of Lease Documentation Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Providing lease administration services for a portfolio of properties, including all lease and collateral documentation, in collaboration with leasing and operations teams;
- Collaborating with regional stakeholders and national leasing team to achieve leasing targets (rent and timing) and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, brokers and industry contacts;
- Ensuring accurate, timely, and complete preparation of all lease documentation and correspondence between tenants and legal representatives. Lease documentation includes Leases, Lease Extensions, Lease Amendments, Assignment, Subleases and any other legal documents required by the department;
- Ensuring lease documentation, agreements and correspondence follow the established national Crombie leasing process and procedures as well as company policies and strategies;
- Assisting with preparation of offers and letter of intent and proposals for leasing as required;
- Working collaboratively with internal business units in response to leasing-related questions and matters;
- Preparing routine status updates of lease documentation on outstanding files for internal use and tracking;
- Ensuring completed leases and related documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness;
- Working in collaboration with Leasing Managers and Senior Lease Documentation Specialist, negotiate clauses with the tenant, the tenant’s broker or its legal representative as required;
- Assisting with special projects as assigned by the National Director of Legal & Lease Administration.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience preparing, negotiating and administrating lease documentation. A post-secondary education in legal and/or document/records management fields, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products and records management software.
Professionalism and superior communication skills both verbal and written are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop and build relationships internally and externally as well as the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, we hire people across the country who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to;
Subject: Lease Documentation Specialist