Manager, Development Analytics
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting to and working with the SVP, Development & Construction, the Manager, Development Analytics is responsible for the overall national modeling and analysis for all Crombie related development projects. The Manager will provide an ongoing development and management of pro forma templates as required for current and future developments, including land use intensification, shopping centre redevelopments, residential and major mixed-use developments, in addition to Empire Company modernizations, developments and redevelopments. Additional duties of the Manager, Development Analytics include but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains reporting and analytical models reflecting national standards, consistent assumptions, improved usability and functionality.
- Develops and runs pro forma models for all major development projects, redevelopment of enclosed shopping centres and plazas, and land-use intensification projects.
- Collaborates with department Directors to develop and maintain high level pro forma models and analysis for the future development pipeline.
- Monitors market and corporate information for use in project analytics and pro formas including: cost categories, cost inflation, rents/rental growth, condo sales/inflation factors, project durations & interest, PTT, CAC charges, self-assessed GST, etc.
- Maintains database for all development project information in order to verify assumptions and develop higher level assumptions on longer term project ladder spending, profitability, NOI, AFFO, NAV, etc.
- Collaborates with Development and Construction teams to standardize and improve the forecasting process and methods.
- Maintains and updates the future development pipeline and ladder, improving functionality and value-add.
- Works in partnership with departments across the organization to provide accurate and current information as required to support reporting and planning.
- Provides coaching and shares best practices on analytical models and practices to development team and analysts working in other departments.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The profile we are looking for
The ideal candidate has three to five years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce or equivalent accounting / financial education. MBA, CFA, or CPA designation (completed or in progress) considered an asset. Candidates should possess exceptional Excel and modelling skills preferably with experience in Real Estate project analytics or finance; and must demonstrate a strong understanding of real estate development fundamentals.
Professionalism and superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to develop team members and build relationships internally and externally, and has the ability to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie offers flexible work schedules and location, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume:
Subject: Manager, Development Analytics
Crombie thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.