Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, but more importantly we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Internal Reporting, the Senior Accountant is responsible for providing financial management and team leadership to a portfolio of commercial real estate properties, in our New Glasgow or Halifax Office location. Additional duties of the Senior Accountant include but are not limited to;
- Supervision of staff in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements, management reports and working papers in support of quarterly and annual regulatory filings and annual audit.
- Ensure cash flows, variances and NOI summaries are delivered in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and MD&A.
- Facilitate accounting transition for acquisitions and dispositions by preparing budgets, year-end billings for dispositions and providing sound financial information to Corporate Development team.
- Working paper preparation and review in support of annual audit.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives and maintaining an effective system of internal control.
- Timely delivery of tenant statements in accordance with project deadlines and assisting with technical accounting support as required.
- Maintain oversight of straight line rent balances for assigned region to ensure accurate straight-line rent calculations
- Analysis of construction costs.
- Review and approve ledgers and journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of operating and fiscal budgets.
- Oversight in the preparation of annual tenant recoveries.
- Prepare internal management reports as required.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with operational field staff and other corporate departments.
- Ownership of monthly property management meetings and providing accounting advice as required.
- Other tasks and special tasks projects as assigned by the Director, Internal Reporting and/or Senior, Manager, Internal Reporting.
The profile we are looking for
The ideal candidate has five to seven years of related experience in a professional environment with a post-secondary degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA or CA designation (completed or in progress) is required. Candidates should possess exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and can manage a complex workload. Experience with real estate accounting software (Yardi) and Microsoft Excel and Word would be considered an asset.
Professionalism and superior communication skills are essential. The successful candidate is self-motivated and can build relationships both internally and externally.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers year after year. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume;
Subject: Senior Accountant
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.