VP, Asset Management & Operations
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community-minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President, Asset Management & Operations is accountable for the leadership and oversight of Crombie’s Property Management teams across the organization, as well as the oversight and implementation of Crombie’s national asset management strategy. The VP, Asset Management & Operations will work collaboratively to create value, growth, sustainability and national alignment across our various portfolios. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Leasing & Operations, the VP, Asset Management & Operations is a member of Crombie’s Senior Leadership team, a thought leader and contributor in the execution of Crombie’s national business strategy. Additional duties of the Vice President, Asset Management & Operations include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the SVP, Leasing & Operations to provide leadership, operational expertise and strategic direction to all property management teams; actively involved in developing the business and strategic plans.
- Working collaboratively and effectively communicating with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, legal and financial representatives, internal departments, and partners), to influence and understand business objectives, build relationships and recommend national strategies that create value for Crombie;
- In collaboration with the SVP, Leasing & Operations, is accountable for ensuring the strategic positioning and management of all assets within Crombie’s portfolio, focusing on long term NOI/revenue growth and ensuring short-term and long-term alignment with Crombie’s strategic priorities and processes/procedures;
- Providing advice, leadership and direction to Senior Leadership team and Operations team on all aspects of Property Management, while driving national consistency within the functional area and ensuring that risks are mitigated;
- Overseeing the preparation and management of national and regional annual operating budgets and capital budgets; coordinating the budgeting cycle.
- Recommending capital expenditures to the SVP, overseeing and managing the creation and evolution of national, multi-year CAPEX plans for the organization;
- Strategically managing and overseeing Crombie’s expenditures nationally; maximizing expense allocations, improving CAM recoveries, identifying shortfalls, and implementing opportunities for improvement on a national level;
- Collaborating with leasing, corporate development, development, and construction to optimize our portfolio and continuously drive growth on all our financial and operational metrics; ensuring the corporate development team is supported during transaction-related due diligence;
- Building and optimizing relationships across all departments within the organization and with Sobeys, clients, brokers and other third parties;
- Leading and championing operational initiatives and strategies to improve processes, systems, and financial results, and enhance the overall quality of functional area nationally.
- Staying current on demographic and market research, maintaining an awareness of competitors in the industry/markets and ensuring Crombie remains a competitive player;
- Coaching, developing, and retaining top Property Management talent for the organization, driving value creation for Crombie.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate is a strategic and analytical thinker with post-secondary education and a successful track record in a senior Asset Management, Operations, and/or Property Management role. As the Vice President, Asset Management & Operations, you must be able to take an innovative and refreshed look at our assets and portfolio to drive new and diverse ways to meet our strategic objectives and create value for Crombie.
Strong people leadership and coaching skills, and the ability to manage complex situations while leading across a geographically diverse team are a must. Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of finance and operations and effectively establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2014-2019. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter stating their preferred work location (New Glasgow, Calgary or Mississauga)
Subject: Vice President, Asset Management & Operations