VP, Property Management
Who we are
We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REIT’s, and we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate. We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values. Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
A valued member of Crombie REIT’s Senior Leadership Team, the Vice President, Property Management is accountable for the leadership and oversight of the day to day activities for Property Management teams across the organization, and works collaboratively to create value and national alignment across our various portfolios. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations & Leasing, the VP, Property Management is a thought leader and contributor in the execution of Crombie’s national business strategy. Additional duties of the Vice President, Property Management include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the SVP, Leasing & Operations to provide leadership, operational expertise and strategic direction to all property management teams;
- Working collaboratively and effectively communicating with all key stakeholder groups (tenants, contractors, legal and financial representatives, internal departments, and partners) to influence and understand business objectives, build relationships and recommend national strategies that create value for Crombie;
- In collaboration with the SVP Operations and Leasing, providing leadership to ensure the strategic positioning and management of all assets within the portfolio, focusing on long term NOI/revenue growth, and ensuring short-term and long-term alignment with Crombie’s strategic priorities and processes/procedures;
- Providing advice, leadership and direction to Senior Leadership teams on all aspects of Property Management, while driving national consistency within the functional area and ensuring that risks are mitigated;
- Overseeing the preparation and management of national and regional annual operating budgets and capital budgets;
- Recommending capital expenditures to the SVP, overseeing and managing the creation and evolution of national, multi-year CAPEX plans for the organization;
- Strategically managing and overseeing Crombie’s expenditures nationally; maximizing expense allocations, improving CAM recoveries, identifying shortfalls, and implementing opportunities for improvement on a national level;
- Collaborating with leasing, development, and construction teams to optimize our portfolio and continuously drive growth on all of our financial and operational metrics
- Building and optimizing relationships across all departments within the organization and with Sobeys, clients, brokers and other third parties;
- Leading and championing operational initiatives and strategies to improve processes, systems, and financial results, and enhance the overall quality of functional area nationally.
- Staying current on demographic and market research, maintaining an awareness of competitors in the industry/markets and ensuring Crombie remains a competitive player;
- Setting comprehensive performance and growth goals for Property Management teams, monitoring progress against goals and holding individuals accountable for achieving success. Coaching, developing and retaining top-talent for the organization.
The successful candidate will have:
The ideal candidate is a strategic and analytical thinker who can develop and collaborate to drive Crombie REIT’s success. As the Vice President, Property Management you must be able to take an innovative and refreshed look at our assets and portfolio to drive new and diverse ways to meet our strategic objectives.
Strong people leadership skills and the ability to manage a complex workload while leading across a geographically diverse team are a must. Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of finance and operations and be open to a new and exciting challenge.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers from 2014-2018. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location, an onsite fitness facility, corporate discount rates and a fast-paced working environment.
All applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter stating their preferred work location ( New Glasgow, Calgary or Mississauga)
Subject: Vice President, Property Management